Solar PV is now the third most important renewable energy source, after hydro and wind power, in terms of global installed capacity. Bringing together the expertise of international PV specialists Photovoltaic Solar Energy: From Fundamentals to Applications provides a comprehensive and up-to-date account of existing PV technologies in conjunction with an assessment of technological developments.Key features:
- Written by leading specialists active in concurrent developments in material sciences, solar cell research and application-driven R&D.
- Provides a basic knowledge base in light, photons and solar irradiance and basic functional principles of PV.
- Covers characterization techniques, economics and applications of PV such as silicon, thin-film and hybrid solar cells.
- Presents a compendium of PV technologies including: crystalline silicon technologies; chalcogenide thin film solar cells; thin-film silicon based PV technologies; organic PV and III-Vs; PV concentrator technologies; space technologies and economics, life-cycle and user aspects of PV technologies.
- Each chapter presents basic principles and formulas as well as major technological developments in a contemporary context with a look at future developments in this rapidly changing field of science and engineering.
I am an undergraduate student whose major is material science and I am a beginner in the field of PV. I find this book very useful and it is written in a systematic way. I have read many books about PV. Only this one, however, allows me to have a comprehensive overview of development in PV. The authors of this book are the leading experts and I feel so excited that they write this book to share their knowledge with others who want to make contributions to the development of sustainable green energy. Because of this book, I am able to have a clear view of the future trends in solar energy, which is helpful for my future career decision, and I strongly recommend this book to those who are interested in photovoltaics.
I am one of the contributors to this book, and I am extremely pleased with the result. This book presents an excellent comprehensive overview of the fundamentals and the future trends in photovoltaics. Each chapter is self-contained which allows you just to read about your particular topic of interest. I would highly recommend this book to both scientists and students in the field of photovoltaics as well as interested readers with a broad engineering or science background!
This is an excellent and comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of photovoltaics. It is well-organised with the self-contained chapters allowing readers to focus on their areas of interest. The chapters that I have read have been extremely well written with the underlying theory being presented in a way that would be understandable to newcomers to the field without sacrificing accuracy or completeness. Would be a great reference text for students studying photovoltaics and practitioners in the field!
- How familiar are you with solar energy? Do you want to start using it yourself? You need a good plan and as much information as possible. Keep reading this article if you wish to learn what you need to know about using solar energy to your benefit.How much power you generate is based on how many panels you have and how well those panels work. Therefore, it’s important that you calculate the number of solar panels you will need to power your home. It might be more interesting to invest in the most performing panels if this means purchasing less panels.The most efficient solar panels are those that do not rely on the fickle sun to generate power. Lots of new versions can store solar energy during the day, but allow for utilization of the power at any time. This ensures that you always have the power you need, even when it is nighttime or raining.Find out if your local energy provider offers meter rollback programs. Once you have a solar energy system, you should consider joining one of these programs so you can sell the energy you produce to the main grid and draw the same amount of energy instead of purchasing an expensive battery system to store your power.The efficiency of a solar energy system varies a lot depending on its exposure to the sun. If you live in a sunny area, your system should produce enough energy to cover all your needs but solar energy might not be such a good investment if you live in an area where the sky is usually filled with clouds.When it comes to solar energy, you must keep the solar panels clean for best results. Dirty solar panels do not allow the solar panels to absorb the maximum amount of energy. Therefore, to ensure your solar panels are running at peak performance, keep a regular maintenance and cleaning schedule.Consider your home’s outside design when thinking about solar energy. Having solar-powered pathway lights installed outside is an easy way to use solar energy at home. If you’re building a home, positioning it so that it can take advantage of the sun’s rays is also beneficial. Well-oriented homes filter in winter sun rays in the south-facing windows and that can reduce heating bills.Hopefully, this article has provided you with the necessary information that you need to help you get started with implementing solar energy in your home or business. You should now know about the many benefits solar energy provide. Implement what you’ve learned here to get going and you won’t regret it.
Unique material with great quality of printing. The authors did very good jobs!