Solar Energy Forecasting and Resource Assessment is a vital text for solar energy professionals, addressing a critical gap in the core literature of the field. As major barriers to solar energy implementation, such as materials cost and low conversion efficiency, continue to fall, issues of intermittency and reliability have come to the fore. Scrutiny from solar project developers and their financiers on the accuracy of long-term resource projections and grid operators’ concerns about variable short-term power generation have made the field of solar forecasting and resource assessment pivotally important. This volume provides an authoritative voice on the topic, incorporating contributions from an internationally recognized group of top authors from both industry and academia, focused on providing information from underlying scientific fundamentals to practical applications and emphasizing the latest technological developments driving this discipline forward.
- The only reference dedicated to forecasting and assessing solar resources enables a complete understanding of the state of the art from the world’s most renowned experts.
- Demonstrates how to derive reliable data on solar resource availability and variability at specific locations to support accurate prediction of solar plant performance and attendant financial analysis.
- Provides cutting-edge information on recent advances in solar forecasting through monitoring, satellite and ground remote sensing, and numerical weather prediction.
- By the time you finish reading this article about solar energy, you are going to feel empowered. Solar energy really is the wave of the future, and there is much to know and learn about if you are going to start using it for your home or business. Keep reading to learn how you can devise a solar energy plan.Install panels a few at a time to break down the cost in setting up your home to operate off of solar power. There is no need to buy everything all at once, as there is much planning involved. You need to give yourself time to make adjustments and learn more as you go along.Your home or business should receive at least five hours of direct sunlight per day to get the most from solar energy. Obviously more sun is better when it comes to solar panels, however if you get less than this solar energy can still be a viable option. If you are in an area where energy bills are sky high, solar might still save you money even if you don’t have the optimal sun exposure.Look into your states initiatives on solar energy. Many have unique programs that can give you cash back for your solar energy commitment. There are other benefits as well, including benefits at tax time, so do your homework on what you may have coming back to you for being a solar energy leader.Know that solar panels do not immediately mean free energy forever. You need to be mindful of the fact that solar installations often carry a large up-front price tag. However, you also need to balance that with how much energy you can save over the long run, government incentives and the possibility of selling your excess power into the grid.Try to choose solar panels that can have their angles adjusted easily. The angle at which the sun hits the Earth changes throughout the year. This means that the best angle to catch the suns rays can be very different between summer and winter. Ideally you want to at least be able to adjust the angle of your panels twice a year, however if you can find some that allow adjustments four times a year (spring, summer, fall, winter) that is even better.Hopefully, this article has helped you realize how you can use solar energy in your home or business to save money and make a positive impact on the environment. As you can now see, there is much to consider when developing your plan, so keep everything that has been discussed in mind. The benefits will amaze you!
- Due to its wonderful benefits, many individuals in this day and age decide to switch to solar energy. But, how much do you really know about solar energy and all it can provide you with? In the following article, you are going to read tips that will open your eyes to the fantastic world of solar energy.Get quotes from several contractors before signing any solar energy installation company. Just as with any other construction product, it pays to shop around before you commit to a particular company. Check out their reviews online and their standing with the Better Business Bureau. A little research ahead of time can save you a big headache later.You should consider investing in solar panels if you are interested in long-term investments. Solar panels are not cheap, and it may be several years before you make your money back. Don’t buy them unless you plan to be in your home for years to come.Although the initial cost of solar panels can be quite expensive, you need to think in terms of future savings. Once your initial investment is paid off, you will never have to be dependent on another energy company again. This is because you will get all the energy you need from the sun.Always use non abrasive cleansers on your solar panels. An abrasive cleaner can scratch the surface of the panel and cause permanent damage and affect how well the solar panel works. There are commercial cleaning solutions to use or you can use a pool skimmer with a very soft cloth on it.If you are planning to move to remote location you may want to have solar energy panels installed on your home. Solar energy is still relatively expensive to install, but it can be more affordable than wiring power to your home. Get quotes on both before you decide which route you will take.Before purchasing any solar panels, make sure they are government certified. This may seem like a small deal, but it really affects your bottom line. Many of the government rebate programs require that your solar panels are government certified. If they aren’t, you’ll be missing out on some of the cash back opportunities out there for you.As was already discussed, tons of people change to solar energy these days because of all the benefits it gives. Before you read this article, however, you may not have known too much about it. Now that you have read the article, you are on your way to become a solar energy genius. Use these tips to begin using this wonderful energy source.